McVay said on “The John Roa Show” that he might have some of the Rams’ front office members at his house during the draft rather than working from the team’s facilities.
“We’ve had some calls with the league, and as of right now, what we do know is we are going to have a draft. Exactly what the circumstances are — №1, you’re going to follow the protocol by our government and try to do everything we can to try to make sure [we’re] part of the solution,” McVay said. “It might be virtual, it might be a limitation…
Today John Roa talks with Steven Galanis, the CEO of red hot startup Cameo about how he is leading through the coronavirus pandemic. For more episodes, go to roa.com/podcast, or search “The John Roa Show” on your favorite podcast station!
John Roa: Welcome to the John Roa show, a production of iHeartRadio and Roa MediaWorks. This is Leading from Home, a special limited series where I’ll be checking in with leaders and entrepreneurs from around the country on how they’re dealing with a coronavirus pandemic.
“Can we start calling her [Holmes] ‘The Silicon Valley Psychopath’?”
“Finished reading ‘Bad Blood’ and no doubt Elizabeth Holmes is a sociopath”
“Billy McFarland is a sociopath, this guy is an asshole, and almost everyone who was involved in Fyre fest is an absolute idiot”
I am not a psychiatrist. I don’t know Elizabeth Holmes or Billy McFarland. I don’t have a clue if these claims are accurate or not. What I do know is that if Elizabeth and Billy are psychopaths, sociopaths, idiots, or assholes, then I guess, I might be too.
The feedback to this recent wave of…
Ketamine, to me, was just a party drug in the 90s. When my doctor recommended I try it, I was more than a little confused.
I’ve experienced varying levels of depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. It peaked during my years running ÄKTA, especially during our sale process.
Depression amongst founders is incredibly common. 49% of entrepreneurs suffer from a mental health condition. Ironically, the same characteristics of our brains that give us the ability to be fantastic businessfolks also make us highly fragile in handling the pressures and risks associated with the job.
“I had a boyfriend who told me I’d never succeed, never be nominated for a grammy, never have a hit & hoped I’d fail. I said to him someday, when we’re not together, you won’t be able to order a cup of coffee at the fucking deli without hearing or seeing me.” — Lady Gaga
What makes an entrepreneur? Nature? Nurture?
80% of what it takes to win the entrepreneurial lottery is engrained deep inside ones mind and cannot be taught or learned. The remaining 20% comes from starting, trying, failing and getting your junk kicked in until you have…
For entrepreneurs, work is life and life is work, but if you do it right, you can experience the best of everything.
The phrase “work-life balance” is ubiquitous in any dialogue about entrepreneurship. The implication is both clear and inaccurate: One side is positive (life) and one is negative (work), thus one should strive for equilibrium.
In the U.S., over 70 percent of city workers don’t like their jobs, according to a 2017 Gallup poll — so having a fulfilling lifestyle that offsets one’s unhappiness during the day makes sense. Fortunately, that’s not the case for most entrepreneurs.
During the Gold Rush in 19th century California, 75 percent of San Francisco’s population fled for the gold mines, along with 300,000 more Americans from states as far as Hawaii, and immigrants from all over the world. It was the greatest mad dash for wealth and power in American history.
The literal gold-diggers boasted the slogan “California or Bust”, and the estimated 15,000 that died in their efforts to attain the dream were said to have been “Busted by God.” Thousands went insane. Thousands murdered competitors. Thousands committed suicide.
If you had asked me in my mid 20s if I thought I’d ever be successful or wealthy, I would have given a bold ‘OF COURSE!’ — but that would really just be my characteristic over-confident answer to hide what I really felt: that I was going to continue failing and be broke for the rest of my life.
Thankfully, things went the other way. I was able to start one of the fastest growing companies in the USA off a credit card, bootstrap the entire thing with no investors, and ultimately sell the business to tech giant Salesforce five…